- Location: Detroit, MI
- Compensation: Competitive
- Application requirements: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional information: Email email@example.com
Responsibilities will include:
- Vendor management: Serve as main point of contact for all standing building-related service providers, including (but not limited to) HVAC, janitorial, plumbing, electric, and landscaping partners. As needed, source new vendors in a thoughtful and strategic manner, comparing several options and managing all negotiations to come to an agreement. Manage all invoices.
- Building administration: Manage both maintenance and improvement for all building-related items. Act as point person during any building-related emergency (e.g., flooding, security concerns, and plumbing issues). Keep a close eye on any potential challenge, proactively suggesting areas for improvement.
- Process design and improvement: Seamlessly juggle the many responsibilities of making our space run with a keen ability to create and improve processes over time. Build processes and systems that allow SV leadership to fully understand scope of work.
- Administrative and guest support: Oversee the front desk, assist with conference room scheduling, order all office/kitchen supplies, and keep the office organized. Ensure any future guests feel welcomed and supported.
Who We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in facilities management, preferably with some time working in the City of Detroit on older buildings
- Highly detail-oriented with a knack for anticipating problems and finding creative solutions quickly
- Positive and friendly attitude with an ability to make everyone feel welcome and at ease
- Commitment to and passion for the city of Detroit and an active interest in building community
- Consistently resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and environments