Responsibilities will include:
- Facilities and office management: Seamlessly juggle the many responsibilities of making our space run with a keen ability to create and improve processes over time. Become main point of contact for all building-related service providers, including (but not limited to) HVAC, janitorial, plumbing, electric, and landscaping partners. Oversee the front desk, assist with conference room scheduling, order office/kitchen supplies, keep the office organized, and manage invoices.
- Guest and staff support: Ensure all staff and guests feel welcomed and supported daily. Manage logistics for events and convenings on an ongoing basis, including ordering food and other needed supplies, and welcoming and registering guests.
- Human resources support: Contribute to the organization’s efforts to recruit, onboard, and retain talent.
- Administrative support: Collaborate with the Director of our Detroit office to manage her calendar, book travel, manage expenses, and provide daily administrative support.
Who We’re Looking For
- 2-5+ years of work experience, preferably with some time in administrative support and/or community engagement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly detail-oriented with a knack for anticipating problems and finding creative solutions quickly
- Positive and friendly attitude with an ability to make everyone feel welcome and at ease
- Commitment to and passion for the city of Detroit and an active interest in building community
- Ability to work effectively with diverse concepts, individuals, and organizations; ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; possess a strong team spirit while maintaining professional confidence to get things done on your own
- Consistently resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and environments