Responsibilities will include:
- Program management: Fully own all details of SYL, including managing the application, review, and selection process for new cohorts; driving marketing and communications efforts; planning and helping to execute all financial literacy training; and leading all program tracking, evaluation, and improvement efforts.
- Strategic scaling: Under direction of the board, lead all scaling efforts to bring SYL to approximately five additional cities within the next two years. This will include working at both the big-picture strategic planning level as well as the granular implementation level.
- Relationship building: Authentically and meaningfully engage with applicants, current young leaders, programmatic partners, school counselors and administrators, financial literacy professionals, and the SV team and board to ensure needs are met, curiosities are satisfied, and positive partnerships are built and maintained both internally and externally.
Who We’re Looking For
- 7-10 years of experience; preferably with some time in youth engagement, college access, and/or financial literacy
- Experience scaling a program to multiple geographic locations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Lived experience similar to the population SYL serves preferred Commitment to and passion for education and financial literacy and an active interest in building a thriving scholar community Ability to balance bold ideas with a humble attitude, always seeking to learn more
- Outstanding listening skills, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work effectively with diverse concepts, individuals, and organizations; ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; possess a strong team spirit while maintaining professional confidence to get things done on your own