- Location: New York, NY
- Compensation: Competitive
- Application requirements: Please email your resume with salary requirement to email@example.com
- Additional information: If you have any questions prior to submitting your application, please feel free to be in touch.
Responsibilities will include
- Strategic planning: Plan effectively at both the big-picture strategic visioning level and granular implementation level. Consistently engage board, Samvid Ventures team, and external stakeholders in an appropriate and productive way.
- Program build-out and management: Fully own all details of program design, including leadership programming and scholar engagement, refining the application process, marketing to high-potential universities and students, managing scholar selection, and onboarding scholars.
- Evaluation and learning: Build and manage an evaluation and learning plan to measure effectiveness and impact across all efforts, and to ensure Samvid Ventures is consistently learning from its own work and from the scholars and communities it serves. Adapt programming over time, if necessary, to align with learnings.
- Relationship building: Regularly engage with a range of stakeholders and partners, including current and prospective scholars, academic institutions, peer organizations, advisors and mentors, and the foundation board to ensure needs are met and positive partnerships are maintained both internally and externally.
Who we’re looking for
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience, with experience in the education space
- Commitment to and passion for education, and an active interest in building a thriving community of scholars
- Experience managing projects, including end-to-end execution responsibility
- Understanding of selective graduate programs either as an alum, administrator, partner, or adviser
- Solutions-oriented mindset; assumes full ownership and accountability around mandate set by the board
- Ability to balance bold ideas with a humble attitude; always seeking to learn more
- Outstanding listening skills, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Consistently resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and environments
- High integrity; strong people instincts and ability to identify this quality in others
- Ability to work effectively with diverse concepts, individuals, and organizations; ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; possess a strong team spirit while maintaining professional confidence to get things done on your own
- Strong oral and written communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Bachelor’s degree